none
Change Tracking Information is Corrupt (DPM 2007) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I keep receiving this error:  "The replica of F:\ on <server> is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for this data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. DPM is unable to continue protection for F:\ on <server> because the change tracking information is corrupt (ID: 30156)."  I have been getting this for the last month on a couple of servers (on the same DPM server).  They are servers that have a large amount of data on them.  I synch every 15 minutes and recovery point once a day.  On one server it is really bad, it will do one large synch (ex: 9GB) then the next time it with fail with the error above and I will have to do a consistency check again.  This server has over 6.5TB of data so the consistency check takes a week to complete everytime.  What can I do to resolve this?
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 12:17 PM

Answers

• It's a 64 bit os on the protected server with ~3.5TB free.  However, I noticed after posting that my DPM server was getting a little low on free space (<700GB).  I just added 2TB to it.  Maybe that was causing the issue.
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 1:24 PM

All replies

• How much free space is there on F: on the protected server?  Is the protected server 32-bit?
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 1:08 PM
  • It's a 64 bit os on the protected server with ~3.5TB free.  However, I noticed after posting that my DPM server was getting a little low on free space (<700GB).  I just added 2TB to it.  Maybe that was causing the issue.
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 1:24 PM
  • Ok - adding more space to the DPM server definitely didn't resolve it.  It is now requiring another consistency check after doing a small synch.  Same error - "The replica of F:\ on <server> is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for this data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. DPM is unable to continue protection for F:\ on <server> because the change tracking information is corrupt (ID: 30156 Details:  Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service (0x800705AA))."
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 4:27 PM
  • You might try rebooting the protected server. Sometimes I have seen VSS get into a bad state.

I have also seen this if you have a 32-bit protected server and a large volume, but that shouldn't apply since you said the protected server is 64-bit.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 9:47 PM