none
How to retreive my Virtual Machine for Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My Project Server 2010 VM (for demo, on my laptop) is corrupted so I want to replace it by a copy I made several months ago on an external HDD.

The "Import Virtual Machine" feature generates the error message : "A server error occured while attempting to import the virtual machine. Import failed. Unable to find virtual machine import files under location..."

Is there another way to use/copy/retreive  the .vhd file as a VM on my laptop?

Thanks for your help

NB : OS = Windows Server 2008 R2

Monday, June 24, 2013 10:08 AM

Answers

• You can only import VHD is you have selected export option in the beginning. Copy paste won't work with import.

In the scenario, copy VHD from external drive to your local system ,Create new virtual machine and attach copied VHD. Add network adapter and start virtual machine.  Once booted, configure IP as 192.168.1.1 , subnet 255.255.255.0 , DNS 192.168.1.1., Restart demo hyper v system.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Monday, June 24, 2013 4:45 PM
    Monday, June 24, 2013 3:39 PM

All replies

• You can only import VHD is you have selected export option in the beginning. Copy paste won't work with import.

In the scenario, copy VHD from external drive to your local system ,Create new virtual machine and attach copied VHD. Add network adapter and start virtual machine.  Once booted, configure IP as 192.168.1.1 , subnet 255.255.255.0 , DNS 192.168.1.1., Restart demo hyper v system.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Monday, June 24, 2013 4:45 PM
    Monday, June 24, 2013 3:39 PM
  • Thanks Hrishhi,

I'll do that!

Monday, June 24, 2013 4:46 PM