none
IE11 not showing all mail in OWA. RRS feed

• Question

• I post this here mainly because I guess it's an IE11 bug, but also incase someone else stumbles across this issue.

We have one user (currently) who has a lot of mail, when using OWA IE8 shows it all, Firefox shows it all, IE11 shows only some of it.

The user has mail back to 2004, but IE11 cuts off around 2010 - I don't think this is a date issue but rather the sheer volume of mail, however I'm suprised to find that both Firefox and IE8 render it fine.

To give an example of the amount, IE8 showed around 1300 pages of mail in this particular folder.

I appreciate this is not the best organised mailbox, but it's still a bug I guess and we don't want to start rolling out firefox for all our users who hit this issue.

IE11 on four machines so far same problem, Firefox has worked on each one.

I logged this with OWA/Exchange support, who agreed it sounded like an IE11 bug, but were unable to pass it anywhere and asked me to relog it with the IE11 team, which I was unable to do due to a lack of support agreement.

Anyone have any ideas on this one, or anyone from MS interested?

Thanks.

Friday, November 20, 2015 12:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

please see https://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/ie (IE support center)

What happens if you use the Dev tool or Enterprise mode to change IE11's emulation mode? Which IE security zone and emulation mode is the user currently using? (f12>Emulation tab to determine the current emulation mode and how it was established, File>Properties to determine which IE security zone it maps to.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Sunday, November 22, 2015 11:29 PM
  • Thanks Rob,

I've checked the emulation settings;

Document mode = edge (default)
    Browser profile = Desktop
    User agent string = default

file, properties, zone = Internet | Protected Mode: Off

Changing emulation to ie9/10 = same problem.

IE8 gives an unexpected call to method or property access line 151 and highlighted the code throw ex

I'm just generating a load of test mail so I can verify this issue on another user.

Thanks.

Monday, November 23, 2015 8:52 AM
  • Just to add, I've hit another user with this same issue - IE11 shows mail to 2011, Firefox shows mail to 2007.

I'm still generating mail for a test account to get a more accurate picture on this problem.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 11:36 AM