none
Spotlight GPO

Question

• I am preparing a new master image for deployment. I would like to keep Windows spotlight on the lockscreen.

enabled the following GPO policy:

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Cloud Content\Configure Spotlight on lock screen

But it has no effect. Lock screen customization is disabled but it defaults to "picture".

Andrei V.

Monday, February 27, 2017 2:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrei VR,

As far as I know, the default lock screen setting is "Windows Spotlight" if you haven`t configured any lock screen setting. Please check whether the lock screen is configured to show "Windows Spotlight".

I tested that gpo on my side. It seems that there is something wrong with that gpo. It will disable the user to change the lock screen setting but the previous configuration will persist.

So if you want to force the Windows spotlight on the lock screen. We could configure the lock screen with Windows Spotlight then configure that gpo to disable the user to change the lock screen.

Anyway, I will submit the issue of the gpo on my side.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:44 AM
  • Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:14 AM
  • I had Spotlight as default in my master image, but after deployment it reverted to "picture" and because I set the GPO mentioned in my question there was no way to change it.

Andrei V.

Monday, March 6, 2017 10:32 AM
  • I just tested on a fresh install. In Windows 10 Education, the default lock screen is Picture, not Windows spotlight.

Andrei V.

Monday, March 6, 2017 11:19 AM
  • Hi Andrei VR,

I tested on a Enterprise version and I didn`t have an Education version to test. If it is possible, please try the Enterprise version.

Anyway, I have submitted the issue on my side. You could submit the issue with the "Feedback" hub.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:41 AM