Window 7 gadgets disappear RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Buddy

My Window 7 desktop gadgets disappeared. I have tried most of the suggestions in the forum but still doesn't work. I have the 'show destop icon' checked and ' display gadget platform' checked in Turn ON and Off feature for window, tried the Winkey R and paste the long title ' %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /showGadgets' as suggested by Ronnie Vernon but nothing happens.

Where do I go to turn on the UAC?? :-(

PLEASE HELP!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 1:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Eroginy,

Please create another admin user account and test it.
    If your issue persists, please try to system restore to repair it.

Meanwhile, please refer to this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2515657

Best regards,

Karen Hu

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, April 26, 2013 3:35 AM
    Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:09 AM

All replies

• If you had previously asked about it, your not helping yourself by at least pointing to your previous question thread.
    Is sidebar.exe showing as a running process in the taskmanger, or resource monitor?
    If it is running, does a RIGHTclick of the desktop and selecting "gadgets" item bring up the gadgets window?
    Is it possible that the sidebar gadgets are running and operational, but showing off-screen due to a resolution change or monitor change or something?  in that situation i would try and find the configuration location or registry configuration location, and delete, then re-setup the items.
    • Edited by psycogeec Wednesday, April 3, 2013 6:59 AM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 6:57 AM
  • Hi Eroginy,

Please create another admin user account and test it.
    If your issue persists, please try to system restore to repair it.

Meanwhile, please refer to this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2515657

Best regards,

Karen Hu

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, April 26, 2013 3:35 AM
    Thursday, April 4, 2013 10:09 AM
  • Eroginy,

Sometime recently Window Decommissioned roughly 98% of all available gaqdgets for Windows 7 and Vista. Aside from the bloatware ones you get when you purchase or install a new copy of Vista/7 for the first time, all of the gadgets have been discontinued. The word Gadget has been replaced with APP and it appears to be part of a broad marketing effort so gear consumers toward Windows 8 and the Metro UI. This probably comes as a shock to a handful of people who used or maybe even relied on their Gadgets, but as far as I know Windows is doing away with them. Kinda sucks for people who actually used them but let's face it; ANDROID rocks the app market and Microsoft knew they had better change their strategy quick!

Personaly, I never used my gadgets. I always found them to be very clunky and cumbersome, sometimes inefficient. I didn't see it lasting back when they started in 2007.

Monday, April 29, 2013 10:24 AM