Microsoft Excel Has Stopped Working at End of VBA Code RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Microsoft Excel Professional Plus 2010.  My code essentially looks up a date in a different sheet, copies it to another sheet in an organized location, and prints to PDF.  If I run the code for a period longer than a couple months ago, at the end of the VBA code, it states "Microsoft Excel Has Stopped Working", quits, and recovers.

I added in a piece of code at the end to save the workbook, which it does, then it quits.  I can reopen the document and all my work is saved.  There is something going on I can't put my finger on but for some reason it only happens when I'm dealing with more information than usual (a couple months worth, possibly only 20-30 rows of info).

Any suggestions?  Thank you in advance!

Dan

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In regarding of the issue, we'd better do some tests to narrow down the issue and find the root cause.

Please copy the file with code to another PC (We'd better use the similar environment) to test.

First, if it works well, this issue might be caused by the Excel or other program in your PC. I recommend we follow this KB to troubleshoot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2758592/en-us

Then, if the issue still exists, we could collect the Event log and App crash dump file to do deep troubleshoot.

Second, if it still crashes Excel 2010 in other PC, it might be due to the VBA code. I suggest you upload the code and post the issue to MSND forum for Excel to get more help.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards, 

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

• Marked as answer by George123345 Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In regarding of the issue, we'd better do some tests to narrow down the issue and find the root cause.

Please copy the file with code to another PC (We'd better use the similar environment) to test.

First, if it works well, this issue might be caused by the Excel or other program in your PC. I recommend we follow this KB to troubleshoot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2758592/en-us

Then, if the issue still exists, we could collect the Event log and App crash dump file to do deep troubleshoot.

Second, if it still crashes Excel 2010 in other PC, it might be due to the VBA code. I suggest you upload the code and post the issue to MSND forum for Excel to get more help.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards, 

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

• Marked as answer by George123345 Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:19 AM
  • I tried it on another computer and it didn't crash at the end.  I'll follow the procedures you listed out and see if one of those fixes it.  Thanks for the reply!  I'll let you know what happens.
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 7:07 PM