none
Systems State on BMR backup fails on DPM 2012 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a DPM 2012 SP1 server backing up multiple servers both physical and virtual.  All appart from one backup is working fine.  I have a protection group backing up 2 physical servers at system state and BMR level.  Both severs are Windows 2008  R2 server pack1, one works the other fails.  On DPM server I get the following,

Affected area: Computer\System Protection
    Occurred since: 14/02/2013 10:45:26
    Description: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sp01.hbt.local is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent.

DPM cannot create a backup because Windows Server Backup (WSB) on the protected computer encountered an error (WSB Event ID: 517, WSB Error Code:  0x37ECE0). (ID 30229 Details: Internal error code: 0x80990ED0)
    More information
    Recommended action: For resolution actions and more information on the WSB error, go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc734488(WS.10).aspx.
    Synchronize with consistency check.

On the physical server I get to windows events,

Backup event 50

The backup operation has failed because the required space was not available on the backup storage location. Free up space on the storage location or change the storage location to one with enough space to run the backup.

Backup event 5

The backup operation that started at '‎2013‎-‎02‎-‎14T10:44:55.095316900Z' has failed with following error code '2155348010'. Please review the event details for a solution, and then rerun the backup operation once the issue is resolved.

On the physical server I can run a system state backup if I run the command wbadmin.exe start backup -allcritical and drop the files on a share on the dpm server,

Any ideas?

Richard

Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

<snip>
    On the physical server I can run a system state backup if I run the command wbadmin.exe start backup -allcritical and drop the files on a share on the dpm server
    >snip<

Whatever the size is of that successful manual BMR backup is, make sure the replica volume on the DPM server is equally sized + 10%.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

<snip>
    On the physical server I can run a system state backup if I run the command wbadmin.exe start backup -allcritical and drop the files on a share on the dpm server
    >snip<

Whatever the size is of that successful manual BMR backup is, make sure the replica volume on the DPM server is equally sized + 10%.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:58 PM
  • Done this and seems to have fixed the issue thanks

Richard

Monday, February 18, 2013 11:31 AM