none
Automatic VM Activation Failure

Question

• Tried to run the <g class="gr_ gr_9 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="9" id="9">slmgr</g> /<g class="gr_ gr_30 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="30" id="30">ipk</g> <AVMA_key>  and get the following error message:  I've tried on the DC Host as well as the VM that I'm trying to install.

Monday, March 27, 2017 10:31 PM

All replies

• Its not clear what you're doing but if the host is now a DC and evaluation media was used you may not be able to activate that way or at least converting an evaluation domain controller is not supported. You might try running;

slui 4

to try phone activation.

also also try;

dism /online /Get-CurrentEdition
    dism /online /Get-TargetEditions

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 27, 2017 10:47 PM
  • Sorry. this is the second time that when I placed a question or reply from Firefox it turned into the above...

I'm trying to run slmgr /ipk <AVMA_Key>  to automatically link New VM's to the Data Center license of the Host.  According to Microsoft reference manual it should be as easy as running the above command.

I've tried both the in Host as well as the VM but get the error above from both locations.

I'm trying to save myself some steps as I have dozens of VM's to build.

Regards,

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 12:18 AM
  • Might be the clock needs set.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/942969

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 12:30 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 3, 2017 2:50 AM