none
Since having two tape drives in our library, tape jobs appear to fail (DPM is not synchronized with the current state of the library) RRS feed

• Question

• I use DPM 2010 with a Dell TL2000 LTO5 tape library attached which now has 2 tape drives in it.  This works usually with no problem, however we do usually get a failure for one  or two jobs several times a week stating that "DPM failed to mount the tape <tape label> in drive <drive id> for the library <library ID>.  This is because DPM is not synchronized with the current state of the library. (ID 24077)".

I have looked online and can see this may be due to driver issues, however they seem to be up to date and current, so if anyone has any ideas of where else I can look, that would be great,

Thanks.

PS.  In Device Manager, the medium changer is showing as "IBM TotalStorage 3573 Tape Library" and the 2 tape drives appear as "IBM ULTRIUM 5 HH 3580 TAPE DRIVE".

• Edited by chris624 Wednesday, April 2, 2014 10:02 AM
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 9:58 AM

All replies

• I have updated the DPMLA.XML file as this was showing an old single tape drive instead  of the 2 new current drives.  I will monitor and see if this makes any difference before updating further.
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 11:55 AM