none
Size of each project plan on Project Server 2010 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Microsoft Project Server 2010 SP1.  I'm automating the File Open, Save and Close client functions with a keyboard replay script that reads the plan name from an input file, and executes these functions for each project plan stored on the server.  What I would like to be able to do is sort the plan names in the input file by increasing size. 

I don't see anything I might use to determine the size of each project plan either through Project Professional or Project Server.  Any good ideas are welcome?

Thanks, Eric

Eric Engle

Monday, June 3, 2013 6:26 PM

All replies

• In case you are wondering -- if I can sort the project plan names by increasing size then I believe the script execution will be more reliable.  Our installation's largest project plan can take over an hour to open, save and close.  I don't expect that the automated script will delay long enough on the client machine for this plan.  So, it would need to be done manually.  However, the vast number of project plans are considerably smaller and the functions can be reliably automated.

Thanks again, Eric

Eric Engle

Monday, June 3, 2013 6:29 PM
  • I didn't find an answer to this question.  Basically I ended up creating my own sizing metric based on the number of task assignments.  My thanks to all that looked into the question.

Eric Engle

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:48 PM