Recovering deleted user's emails. RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Microsoft Exchange 2003.  How can I recover emails of a user I deleted about a year ago?
    Monday, April 15, 2013 5:21 PM

Answers

• Unless you had the deleted item retention set for longer than when you deleted them, you are going to need to recover a backup of the database at or before the time of deletion.  Once you get the database recovered you can use the MS RSG to restore the required items to an alternate or temp mailbox.

Another option would be to use Lucid8's DigiScope http://www.lucid8.com/product/digiscope.asp which has the ability to open any offline Exchange Database so that you can Browse, Search, Export Mailboxes, Folders and Items to PST & MSG or in your particular case to Recover/Import/Migrate data directly from any Offline Exchange database to ANY Production Exchange server, even cross version i.e. 2003 --> 2007 --> 2010 etc.

Troy Werelius
    www.Lucid8.com
    Search, Recover, & Extract Mailboxes, Folders, & Email Items from Offline EDB's and Live Exchange Servers or Import/Migrate direct from Offline EDB to Any Production Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 --> 2007 --> 2010 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Monday, April 15, 2013 6:22 PM