SCCM 2012 Uninstallation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am stuck at a weird scenario. 2 years ago we had a System Center 2012 POC in our environment.

all servers were shutdown after testing for around 2 years. now we are planning to uninstall the servers and redeploy it form scratch with System center 2012 R2.

the issue that we are facing is that the user that is Full administrator in SCCM is unable to do any task on the console. unable to remove the roles from any DP or Site Server as the remove link is greyout. I cannot add edit or delete any configuration. just like below:

Site_system_role.png

this user is having local admin / domain admins rights also.

what should I do ? I need to uninstall it ... need urgent assistance

Regards

Phaixan

BR, Phaixan

Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:43 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You have to uninstall SCCM clients.
    Use "C:\windows\CCMsetup\ccmsetup.exe /uninstall".

Next you have to uninstall site servers. Remove as many roles as possible from the SCCM console. After that you have to launch the setup from the start menu (Configuration Manager Setup) in order to erase SCCM roles.

Morever you have to delete SQL data. You can delete databases or instance based on need

Finaly you have to clean the Active Directory by deleting the "System Management" container.

Hope this helps.

Note: This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions.

Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:40 AM
  • It will eventually go away when site maintenance runs. Sometimes this is triggered pretty quickly, sometimes, it takes a while. To force it to run, restart the SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER thread using the ConfigMgr Service Manager and watch the sitecomp.log to verify.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:18 PM

All replies

• Site System is the only role in your screenshot. Were you able to remove the other roles from this server (eg Distribution Point)? There must have been more.

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:55 AM
  • I am unable to remove any role from any site server.

I was thinking the issue is with my user, but it is having full administrator rights in sccm console. but still unable to edit or delete any thing from the console

BR, Phaixan

• Edited by Phaixan Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:51 AM changes
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:09 AM
  •  ConfigMgr site system role is automatically added to any new site system created by the site component manager. 

to add role,right click on the server and select specific role. 

You cannot remove the 'site system' role which is grayed out and the only possibility is to remove the server from hierarchy ,if you dont need it. There is no point in keeping these servers without hosting any roles.

To uninstall/Delete the server,right click on it and choose delete,it will be removed from hierarchy.

Eswar Koneti | Configmgr blog: www.eskonr.com | Linkedin: Eswar Koneti | Twitter: Eskonr

Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:39 AM
  • Dear Eswar,

actually I cannot delete or do any thing on the console.

I just found the event that "the evaluation version of Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager that is installed on this computer has expired."

could this be the issue that I am unable to do anything on the console even with full administrator rights ??

if so what should be the procedure to uninstall SCCM cleanly.

BR, Phaixan

Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:50 AM
  • Hello,

You have to uninstall SCCM clients.
    Use "C:\windows\CCMsetup\ccmsetup.exe /uninstall".

Next you have to uninstall site servers. Remove as many roles as possible from the SCCM console. After that you have to launch the setup from the start menu (Configuration Manager Setup) in order to erase SCCM roles.

Morever you have to delete SQL data. You can delete databases or instance based on need

Finaly you have to clean the Active Directory by deleting the "System Management" container.

Hope this helps.

Note: This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions.

Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:40 AM
  • It will eventually go away when site maintenance runs. Sometimes this is triggered pretty quickly, sometimes, it takes a while. To force it to run, restart the SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER thread using the ConfigMgr Service Manager and watch the sitecomp.log to verify.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:18 PM