Cannot close alerts RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have several(12-18) alerts which I cannot close.  After right clicking on the altert and choosing "close alert" I get a window titled System Center Essentials with an error which reads:

The provided collection was wither null or empty.  Parameter name:  Alerts

When expanding the window to show additional detail, the following is displayed:

Date: 5/8/2008 8:16:56 AM
    Application: System Center Essentials
    Application Version: 6.0.1251.0
    Severity: Error
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The provided collection was either null or empty.
    Parameter name: alerts
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ValidationHelper.ValidationCollection[T](ICollection`1 collection, String paramName)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ManagementGroup.UpdateMonitoringAlerts[T](IList`1 alerts, String comments)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.UI.AlertView.<ResolveAlerts>b__6(Object A_1, ConsoleJobEventArgs A_2)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent jobOwner, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

how can i get rid of the alerts?

Thursday, May 8, 2008 12:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Those alerts probably don't exist anymore, and just left in the console cache. You can try to clear the cache by running the SCE console from the command line with the option: /clearcache.

Example:

"C:\Program Files\System Center Essentials 2007\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.SCE.UI.Console.exe" /clearcache

Hope it helps.

Monday, May 12, 2008 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Those alerts probably don't exist anymore, and just left in the console cache. You can try to clear the cache by running the SCE console from the command line with the option: /clearcache.

Example:

"C:\Program Files\System Center Essentials 2007\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.SCE.UI.Console.exe" /clearcache

Hope it helps.

Monday, May 12, 2008 7:47 AM
  • Had the same problem and can confirm the clear cache option solves the issue.
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:15 PM