Booking an appointment prompt Microsoft Exchange is offline RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am faced with this weird problem. My user is able to connect to her mailbox using outlook anywhere. Sending/receving mails are ok. But when she tries to book an appointment in the her own calendar, It said the Outlook must online even though I am connected to Exchange server. 

I am using Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007.

Can anyone advice?

Thanks a mill
    Friday, June 13, 2014 3:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does the issue happen to all users or only one specific user? Please book an appointment in Outlook Web Access to check whether it can be created successfully. If the issue doesn't happen in OWA, it indicates that the issue should be related to Outlook client or the connection between Outlook and server.

Please create a new Outlook profile to check whether the issue is caused by corrupted profile:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918/en-us

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 16, 2014 7:05 AM
  • Hi,

Does the issue happen to all users or only one specific user? Please book an appointment in Outlook Web Access to check whether it can be created successfully. If the issue doesn't happen in OWA, it indicates that the issue should be related to Outlook client or the connection between Outlook and server.

Please create a new Outlook profile to check whether the issue is caused by corrupted profile:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918/en-us

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Thank you, Winnie for the suggestion. Booking through OWA is ok. We tried to recreate the Outlook profile and it gets worse. When we clicked 'Check Name', it prompt ' the action is incomplete. Microsoft Exchange has to be online ...." We do not have this problem before. We reinstalled the self-signed certificate again and still the problem still exists. This self-signed certificate was used before and it was ok. Checking the Outlook Anywhere settings and compare with another working notebook showed no sign of differences.

I read somewhere to restart Exchange System attendant. I am fearful of this as we are running Exchange 2007 CCR and we are unsure how to go about doing it and the impact it has to the rest of the organisation.

Thanks again for the reply. Please keep sending in suggestions.

Monday, June 16, 2014 7:22 AM