none
List Report rending iExplorer vs Chrome Browser RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I deployed a report which i built using Visual Studio Pro 2017. (Deployed to 2014 SSRS). Reports dont render fine when viewed in IE or Chrome. On the pictures you might the text boxes within LIST report has been aligned perfectly within VS. I tried Report--> Align tools within VS2017 as well. The left side looks fine in IE but the right side the text boxes does not align perfect. It goes crazy in Chrome. I tried to put them inside a rectangle, text box, table, etc.. but still Right side does not align well. I have never come across this. Is it because of VS 2017 deploying in SSRS 2012/14 server? This is my 3rd day trying to align it and render properly on both browsers. Looks like i cant do anything more. Even IE doesnt align perfectly on the right side. 

Tables are working fine and no issues on alignment. Looks like LIST report is causing mess up.

Any thoughts or work around? 

• Edited by Raj_MSBI Thursday, November 21, 2019 9:38 PM update
    Thursday, November 21, 2019 9:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Raj,

From your design picture, I suggest you could try insert table to the report and delete its detail row, so it only has static rows. Then, add above information in it, format the table using merge method and so. This should be able to work around the alignment issue.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Raj_MSBI Friday, November 22, 2019 4:37 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2019 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Raj,

From your design picture, I suggest you could try insert table to the report and delete its detail row, so it only has static rows. Then, add above information in it, format the table using merge method and so. This should be able to work around the alignment issue.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Raj_MSBI Friday, November 22, 2019 4:37 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2019 6:17 AM
  • Thank you Lucas. Let me try your recommendation and if successful will mark it as answered. What i see when i remove the details is that it says SUM(FIELDNAME) I guess that should be fine considering that this section is supposed to return only one record. Thanks for your suggestion. Dint realize we could have a table without details. Thanks
    Friday, November 22, 2019 3:28 PM