Lync with external voicemail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Is it possible to get Lync to forward voicemail to an external source? Lets say you have Lync with a personal phonenumber and a mobile phone with voicemail provided by the mobile company. If they support that you access your voicemail from your personal number, is there a way to enable Lync to use the voicemail for you mobile in stead of exchange um?

Regards
    Jonatan

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:56 AM

Answers

• I am afraid this is not possible. You can, however, configure simultaneous ring to both Lync and cellphone and set “forward to voicemail after X seconds” in Lync client properties to a value greater than what you have set on your cellphone. This way, the mobile voicemail will answer first and VM will be deposited there.

Drago

http://www.lynclog.com
    • Marked as answer by Jonatan V Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:03 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:01 PM

All replies

• I am afraid this is not possible. You can, however, configure simultaneous ring to both Lync and cellphone and set “forward to voicemail after X seconds” in Lync client properties to a value greater than what you have set on your cellphone. This way, the mobile voicemail will answer first and VM will be deposited there.

Drago

http://www.lynclog.com
    • Marked as answer by Jonatan V Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:03 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:01 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Drago.
    Ok. I was wondering if it was a way to use only one VM for both Lync and mobile. Ill check what the possibilities are with the mobile provider next.

Regards
    Jonatan

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:08 PM
  •  

Hi, you could look at this the other way around. If you use exchange UM for Lync voicemail (which is the only option), you can setup your mobile to use the same exchange UM maibox for voicemail.

This is usually possible via mobile config either on the phone or via the operator.

cheers

Tom

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks
    Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Subscribe: RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:21 PM