none
Sharepoint farm backup. RRS feed

• Question

• After configure share point backup in dpm 2010, i got this message the first time the backup run:

6 databases have been removed from the sharepoint farm SQL1. These databases are not a part of the recovery point.

(Followed by a list of the deleted databases)

After this happend i am not able to add sharepoint backup, the sharepoint farm backup icon does not show in PG anymore.

What does this message really mean?

My system are windows server 2008 R2, Sql 2008, Sharepoint 2010 and dpm2010.

Monday, October 15, 2012 8:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It sounds like the sharepoint writer stopped working.  Please Verify that it is running.  Also try re-running the  configuresharepoint.exe -enablesharepointprotection  and enter the farm credentials again.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, October 15, 2012 11:34 PM
  • Hi Mike,

i have allready done that several times.

But no luck.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:46 PM
  • Hi,

Can you run diskshadow.exe - then type "List Writers" - in the output verify that the SharePoint Writer is present and that it lists all the sharepoint databases.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:17 PM
  • Hi Roar,

Any updates on this after trying Mike's suggestions?

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:23 AM