locked
OWA Emails Stuck In Drafts RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have the simplest setup possible in a test network with 2 fresh VMs - one DC, one member server (both 2008 R2). I have finally jumped through all of the hoops required to get Exchange Server 2013 installed on the member server and have created 2 mailboxes, but they are unable to send emails to each other through OWA because the messages just sit in the drafts folder. 

    Googled it and found loads of people have this issue but that it is almost always because of DNS issues. I have checked the DNS settings on the server in the exchange web management page and they were correct already but I tried changing to Custom and specifying the DC as the DNS server, restarting the Exchange server, but still no joy.

    Where do I go from here? Can't find any obvious log files or event log entries that help at all.


    My website (free apps I've written for IT Pro's) : www.cjwdev.co.uk My blog: cjwdev.wordpress.com

    Friday, August 29, 2014 9:12 PM

Answers

  • Hmm well after creating that Send Connector for internal mail and then installing CU 6 and rebooting, it now seems to be working ok. Not sure if it was a bug or a configuration issue that the update fixed.

    My website (free apps I've written for IT Pro's) : www.cjwdev.co.uk My blog: cjwdev.wordpress.com

    • Marked as answer by Chris128 Saturday, August 30, 2014 12:26 AM
    Saturday, August 30, 2014 12:26 AM

All replies

  • ensure you have all DNS entry

    OWA / ECP / Autodiscover configured in internal DNS server

    Friday, August 29, 2014 9:40 PM
  • I can access the OWA / ECP web pages fine, so I don't think DNS for those is a problem. I just tried adding a Send Connector for internal mail (as there were no send connectors present at all) and told it to use this Exchange server as the smart host, but still doesn't work. Tried it with no authentication and tried it with Exchange Server authentication, then restart the server, but nope still all emails just sit in the Drafts folder instead of being sent. Currently installing CU6 and hoping this might help...

    My website (free apps I've written for IT Pro's) : www.cjwdev.co.uk My blog: cjwdev.wordpress.com

    Friday, August 29, 2014 10:41 PM
  • Hmm well after creating that Send Connector for internal mail and then installing CU 6 and rebooting, it now seems to be working ok. Not sure if it was a bug or a configuration issue that the update fixed.

    My website (free apps I've written for IT Pro's) : www.cjwdev.co.uk My blog: cjwdev.wordpress.com

    • Marked as answer by Chris128 Saturday, August 30, 2014 12:26 AM
    Saturday, August 30, 2014 12:26 AM