RPC over HTTP not working RRS feed

• Question

• we are on Exchange 2007 SP3 RU10 on Windows 2008 Server

RPC over HTTP not working.

We just moved from one exchange 2007 server to another as part of the exchange 2013 migration process.

However, we moved all the mailboxes and services and shutdown the old server. However from then on the RPC over HTTp wont work. We have checked the settings URLs etc and everything matches, the certificates are properly applied.

We even uninstalled the RPC over HTTP and reinstalled it.

The outlook users just wont connect.

When we go to https://email.domain.com we get the a blank page with no contents.

We did a test connectivity on and this is what we got

Testing the MAPI Address Book endpoint on the Exchange server.
      An error occurred while testing the address book endpoint.

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 4622 ms.

Test Steps

Attempting to ping the MAPI Address Book endpoint with identity: EX001.domain.local:6004.
      The attempt to ping the endpoint failed.
      Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it

Additional Details

The RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the RPC Runtime process.

Appreciate if any help can be given in resolving this
    Friday, July 3, 2015 4:43 AM

Answers

• Can you try repairing Outlook?

Could you test with a new Outlook profile?

I know that may not necessarily be a practical solution, if you have many mailboxes and if users have things configured a certain way in Outlook. I'm just suggesting that as a test so you can see if the old setting is somehow "stuck" on the client side. 

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Marked as answer by sphilip14 Thursday, July 9, 2015 9:52 AM
    Monday, July 6, 2015 2:25 PM

All replies

• we are on Exchange 2007 SP3 RU10 on Windows 2008 Server

RPC over HTTP not working.

We just moved from one exchange 2007 server to another as part of the exchange 2013 migration process.

However, we moved all the mailboxes and services and shutdown the old server. However from then on the RPC over HTTp wont work. We have checked the settings URLs etc and everything matches, the certificates are properly applied.

We even uninstalled the RPC over HTTP and reinstalled it.

The outlook users just wont connect.

When we go to https://email.domain.com we get the a blank page with no contents.

We did a test connectivity on and this is what we got

Testing the MAPI Address Book endpoint on the Exchange server.
      An error occurred while testing the address book endpoint.

Additional Details

Test Steps

Attempting to ping the MAPI Address Book endpoint with identity: EX001.domain.local:6004.
      The attempt to ping the endpoint failed.
      Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it

Additional Details

The RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the RPC Runtime process.

Appreciate if any help can be given in resolving this
    We just made this finding.

For all outlook users RPC over HTTP, the Exchange Server Proxy Settings,

"Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange" has "EXG001.platcorp.local" which is our old server.

Now when we change this to "email.domain.com", the Outlook goes online.

However, we are running to another problem. everytime the user logs out of outlook and opens it later the setting in "Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange" reverts to "EXG001.platcorp.local" which is our old server

Is this something to do between the internal & external urls of Outlook Anywhere settings?

Do we need to remove the OL anywhere settings of the old server totally? How?

How does this automatically show on the end users?
    Friday, July 3, 2015 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

In order to better address your question, please do not submit duplicate question.

For your question, please refer to below link for further troubleshooting:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/68a87a6b-7e19-4e1c-87eb-69a4dc195d84/rpc-over-http-oab-outlook-users-disconnected?forum=exchangesvrclientslegacy#2ed5444a-8b51-4c53-8f0a-e5f8ddb08e89

Thank you for your cooperation.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 6, 2015 7:58 AM
  • Can you try repairing Outlook?

Could you test with a new Outlook profile?

I know that may not necessarily be a practical solution, if you have many mailboxes and if users have things configured a certain way in Outlook. I'm just suggesting that as a test so you can see if the old setting is somehow "stuck" on the client side. 

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Marked as answer by sphilip14 Thursday, July 9, 2015 9:52 AM
    Monday, July 6, 2015 2:25 PM