none
MS Project - Dependent Task start date does not Change RRS feed

• Question

• I am working off a project from project server 2010 and opening the project via project 2010 application. But when i change a predecessor task duration the start date of the dependent task does not change.  

I the attached if i change the duration of the task number 13 the start date of the 18th task does not change. Instead it change only the duration.

Please help.
    Monday, April 22, 2013 9:39 AM

Answers

• Task 13 is a summary tasks and you should not be able to change the duration manually.  What happens if you change the duration of task 14 which should increase the duration of Task 13.

It does not appear that the task is constrained - so my guess is that the task has an actual start date.  Check the Tracking table.

Monday, April 22, 2013 12:52 PM

All replies

• See another thread http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectprofessional2010general/thread/ffdbfeb4-bc3b-4093-b659-9c82578102fe which gives some ideas.

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Monday, April 22, 2013 10:00 AM
  • Task 13 is a summary tasks and you should not be able to change the duration manually.  What happens if you change the duration of task 14 which should increase the duration of Task 13.

It does not appear that the task is constrained - so my guess is that the task has an actual start date.  Check the Tracking table.

Monday, April 22, 2013 12:52 PM
  • I had the same problem and the issue was exactly what Julie said: there was an actual start date. I had copied the task and set the % complete to zero but didn't thnk of re-setting the task date.

Thanks Jule!!!

Monday, August 19, 2013 1:07 PM
  • You're welcome.  Glad it helped solve your trouble.
    Monday, August 19, 2013 3:51 PM