The key ID is :- E04FFB7C

Drive Label:- PETERSMOBILESP3 Windows 9/3/2015

Recovery Key ID :- E04FFB7C-DDF8-4000-8227-173E32AB3236

Its Possibole to get the Surface Bitlocker recovery key

Thank you....

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 6:01 PM

Answers

• You write confusing.

You are "opening the Surface on the BitLocker key", but you don't have the key? How do you boot it?

If you are able to boot it and you are logged on, open an elevated command prompt (right click c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe and select "run as administrator") and there, launch this command:

manage-bde -protectors -get c:

It will list the recovery key.

• Marked as answer by DALSAFEEN Thursday, August 2, 2018 3:48 PM
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:21 AM

All replies

• There are several ways that you can find the Bitlocker recovery key for a specific Surface device.  MS has them listed here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026181/windows-10-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

Assuming that your friend logs into their Surface using a Microsoft Account, you can use that to get the bitlocker recovery key (See the 3rd bullet point.)

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Owner/Principal Architect: Don't Pa..Panic Consulting
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as 'answered' if this solves your problem.

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 7:08 PM
  • Dear mrs,

Thank you  indeed for your replay, the link is useless for me cuz i am already opening the Surface on the BitLocker key.

I just want if there is a way to generate The Bitlocker recovery key.

Wishing all the best.

regards.

Thursday, August 2, 2018 8:36 AM
  • You write confusing.

You are "opening the Surface on the BitLocker key", but you don't have the key? How do you boot it?

If you are able to boot it and you are logged on, open an elevated command prompt (right click c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe and select "run as administrator") and there, launch this command:

manage-bde -protectors -get c:

It will list the recovery key.

• Marked as answer by DALSAFEEN Thursday, August 2, 2018 3:48 PM
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:21 AM
  • Dear Professionals,

The Surface is Only Opening on The Bitlocker recovery key, cuz my friend only tried to recover the Surface then its stopped on 12% then the recovery steps asked the BitLocker key, now the Surface starting on The Bitlocker recovery key, no windows, even from the command prompt, when i am trying to choose the drive C: its saying this drive is locked by BitLocker Drive Enc... You Must unlock this drive from control panel.

Any way to Generate The Bitlocker recovery key, from the keys i wrote in my question ?

or can I format the Surface in another windows ??

Thank you alot

Thursday, August 2, 2018 2:08 PM
  • Dear Sirs,

When you got a valid answer from a small company in some question, you will be thankful for them so what about MS empire !

thank you so much ITs Team  every thing is working fine

Regards

Dalsafeen~

Thursday, August 2, 2018 3:52 PM
  • i run the command manage-bde -protectors -get c:,  but there is only recovery ID ,no recovery key int the list.

How do i get a key?   i din't have a microsoft id which has a key. 

Monday, March 18, 2019 5:35 AM