none
Sharing room an equipment calendars

Question

• Hi all

I would like to clear up an unknown about viewing room calendars in Exchange via 365. I'm being asked by clients for all staff members to be able to view a room calendar for availability, in other words to publish a calendar for viewing as shared calendar in Outlook. Bookings will still be made in the usual way. It appears that the only way to do this is make users full delegates. With a designated delegate, the option to grant permissions and share with other users to view the calendar they way they do, is not available (grayed out). How can we publish a room or equipment calendar for viewing by staff members in Outlook? 

Thanks in advance

MIS5000

Monday, July 2, 2018 8:46 PM

All replies

• Viewing and updating are two different things.  You can certainly grant everyone (Default) the right to view the contents of a calendar.

If everyone is an owner, then everyone can remove everyone else's appointments and you have chaos.

You should train people how to use the feature like it's designed to be use, i.e., invite the resource to an appointment and configure the resource automatically accept according to the rules you want.  Grant room owners the right to override or configure settings by making them an owner.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 12:45 AM
  • Hi,

Any further concern about your question?
    If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 9, 2018 9:17 AM