none
Change default language in MIM 2016 portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

for our customer we implemented MIM 2016 SP1 and FIM portal will be used by users. The problem is the default language settings in portal (English). ENglish is also displayed as default language in case browser/PC language settings is set to FIM unsupported language. SInce the default broser settings of users is set to Slovak SK-sk (FIM unsupported language) but this languge is similar to Czech (CZ-cs), which is FIM portal supported. So we would like to set sharepoint/portal such that when browser language settings is set to SK-sk, the portal would be displyed in Czech (CZ-cs) not in English. Do you have any ideas how to do this ?

Thank you

Friday, March 31, 2017 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I dont see any easy way to do so, either by SharePoint or MIM.

So the only thing that came to my mind, but it is a lot of effort, is export all CZ-cs string and import them as SK-sk string localizations.

But this will break every time you re-install a MIM language pack from a hotfix for example.

By MIM SP1 supporting different browsers you can also have a dedicated browser with CZ-cs setting but that also seems to much complicated for users to me.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Saturday, April 1, 2017 11:24 AM