What crawl property do I use to display the Document Library Title field in search RRS feed

• Question

• I want to display the Document Library Title field in search results; and so far I have failed to achieve this.

Here's my latest attempt:

1. I have added a new metadata property called DocumentTitle and mapped the ows_Title crawl property to it.
    2. Did a full crawl.
    3. Modified the Search Core Results webpart in the Enterprise Search Results page, by adding this new metadata parameter to the Fetched Properties and customised the XSLT to output the raw xml.

When I looked at the search results I find <documenttitle></documenttitle> suggesting that the ows_title is blank - which is definately not the case if this field represents what I typed into the Title field when I added the document to the library.

Please help, does anyone know what the crawl property name for the Document Library Title field is called.

Thank you

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:12 AM

Answers

• Sorry Rock Wang, I have unmarked your reply as the answer becuase ows_Title simply does not contain the text held in the Title column of the Document Library. If you believe otherwise then perhaps I have something else misconfigured. Comments on this are welcome.

After much research I have found the most reliable source to be the basic:dispayTitle. Although this is also not full-proof.

• Marked as answer by TonyJones2 Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:07 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Tony,

You can try the following steps to fix your issue, go to your Search Service Application in Central Administration.

Click on Metadata Properties in the left navigation.

Click on the Crawled Properties link.

Click on the Categories link then select the SharePoint category

Navigate the pages (next page arrow link) until you see ows_Title. Click on ows_Title.

In the "Mappings to Metadata Properties" area of this page, ensure that the "Include values for this property in the search index" checkbox is checked, then Click OK. This checkbox is not checked by default.

Repeat the same procedure above for your ows_Description crawled property to confirm that it is included in the index - which it should be by default.

Start a Full Crawl

This will now include these crawled properties in the index and should now be available in the Managed Property which exposes them for Search.

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:34 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by TonyJones2 Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:01 PM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 3:08 AM
  • Sorry Rock Wang, I have unmarked your reply as the answer becuase ows_Title simply does not contain the text held in the Title column of the Document Library. If you believe otherwise then perhaps I have something else misconfigured. Comments on this are welcome.

After much research I have found the most reliable source to be the basic:dispayTitle. Although this is also not full-proof.

• Marked as answer by TonyJones2 Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:07 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:07 PM