I'm looking for a update name RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. 

I have WSUS Server without Internet connection. Some computers cannot download updates.

When I run the command: bitsadmin /list /allusers /verbose - I have: 

1. GUID: {xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}
    2. DISPLAY: 'xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx'
    3. ERROR FILE: http://*.cab  ->  WsusContent*.cab
    4. JOB FILES: UNKNOW http://*.cab  ->  WsusContent*.cab

Can I find out what update name is this error?? 

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The easiest way, when you know the updated GUID, you can simply query it from the Microsoft Update Catalog.

• https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx

But in your case, there is no internet connection, so the method I currently think of is that you can consider querying in the SUSDB database:

Select UpdateId,LegacyName From tbupdate where UpdateID like '%xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx%'

The query result is:

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 7, 2020 1:49 AM
  • Hi Yic. 
    Thank you for your answer, but....

All records in my database in the tbUpdate table have LegacyName - NULL... E.g:

Thursday, May 7, 2020 10:23 AM
  • Hi Adrian,

Please consider trying to query in the tbPreComputedLocalizedProperty table, by:

Select Title,UpdateID From tbPreComputedLocalizedProperty where shortLanguage like 'en' and UpdateID like 'F5EB007A-0C2A-477A-81CD-4F8BDC9AA058'

Reply back with the details would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 8, 2020 12:57 AM
  • Unfortunately, the files that the server tries to download are not included in the WSUS database and I cannot search for them.

I tried this: 

Windows log: 

Thursday, May 14, 2020 10:35 AM
  • I tried this: 

Thank you for sharing. This is an effective method to find the KB number through UpdateID, which is easier than querying through the database. 

Back to your case, it seems that the corresponding update has not been found through the UpdateID you filled in. Then the reason is the 404 error when searching for the content file you confirmed. Confirm the existence of such an update through the following steps, and try to download again:

1. In the update view of the WSUS console, filter the updates by the "Approved + Any" filter condition, and add the "File Status" column to the results to confirm whether there are updates that failed to download.

Record these updates and adjust to unapproved.

2. In the WSUS console, synchronization is performed, and data updates for WSUS and Microsoft Update have been performed.

3. Re-approve the update that failed to download.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

Friday, May 15, 2020 2:26 AM
  • All "Approved + Any" updates have the "Ready to install" status. 

We also did wsusutil.exe /reset. Bitsadmin and windows log displays that it needs some files (example above). 

Friday, May 15, 2020 8:35 AM
  • Hi Adrian,

Sorry for the late reply.
    Unfortunately, I still have no way to confirm what update this is through the Update ID you provided. Is it convenient to tell me what are your client operating systems?

I can try a full metadata synchronization in the experimental environment to confirm the existence of these updates.

Regards,
    Yic

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 2:57 AM
  • Hi, 

so, we have: 
    - Win 10 1507, 
    - Win 10 1709, 
    - Win 10 1809, 
    - Win 10 1909. 

Regards, 
     Adrian.

Friday, May 29, 2020 9:37 AM