none
XSS Filtering is Disabled But still working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts , been trying to completly disable cross-site scripting filter with no success

i have tried to disable it by policy (i have set the policy for all zones)

i have tried to disable it locally but with no success

i keep getting : "Internet explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross-site scripting" Popup

Anyone knows any issue around this ? what am i missing ?

thanks !

Monday, July 16, 2018 12:43 PM

All replies

• Anyone ?
    Wednesday, July 18, 2018 7:52 AM
  • Hi,

to debug a webpage or intranet webpage for blocked content issues (xss, tracking protection, ActiveX filtering) and security issues first go

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default".

then

Advanced tab of Internet Options>check "Always record developer console messages". Save changes.

Open IE at your website, Select the File>Properties menu to find out which IE Security zone your host is mapped to. 'local'/'localhost' maps to the Internet zone by default. Intranet sites (domain controlled), map to the Internet zone. Other external website hosts map to the internet zone.

Press f12.

>the Console tab, now lists any blocked content, security and markup errors.

>the Network tab, can be started to see the response headers.

>the Emulation tab, will tell you which IE version emulation is being used and how it was established. Depending on your dev/test/production environment setups, outcomes may be different.

you should have enough information now to debug your page/site.

Its not a good idea to link intranet sites with untrusted internet mapped sites.

Server versions of windows run IE11 in an enhanced security setting. Include your windows and IE versions.

stackoverflow.com is a good place to ask about website development questions using IE. If possible include links to your site with your questions.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Thursday, July 19, 2018 3:20 AM