none
Help: Office 2016 upgrade blocked by conflict with Project 2013. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Business Premium subscription which has provided Office 2013 on my pc. It now offers me an upgrade to Office 2016.

I also have a standalone version of Project 2013 on this pc.

When I try to upgrade Office 2013 to 2016 my pc warns me not to proceed as Office 2016 and Project 2013 are not compatible. So, how do I solve this conflict and complete my Office upgrade, please?

Many thanks,
    Simon

Friday, July 8, 2016 4:31 PM

All replies

• Simon, As the messages say, You have to upgrade to Project 2016, or stick with Project 2013 and Office 2013.

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Friday, July 8, 2016 5:14 PM
  • Thanks for taking time to reply, Rob.

I've spent 3 hours on the telephone to MS 'support' and explained my situation again and again to six members of staff over three days. None seemed anywhere near equipped to help.

My call to them was prompted by this:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Special-offer-for-customers-with-Office-2016-and-Office-2013-standalone-applications-c32e3cad-e935-4163-a44f-50d896e10bbc?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Basically, a special offer of upgrade to Project 2016. Just what I need, it seems. Sadly, no-one at MS seems able to execute this for me. Hence, my extreme frustration.

Anyone from MS reading this able to help me, please?

Thanks,
    Simon

Friday, July 8, 2016 5:43 PM
  • You are now asking a different question. I was not aware of this special upgrade. I guess the Microsoft staff are not either! Guess you just have to be persistent, or stick with what you have,

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Friday, July 8, 2016 5:57 PM
  • You are probably stuck at level 1 support. You need to be escalated to level 2 probably to get a response.

Good luck!

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Saturday, July 9, 2016 1:40 AM