none
Project Server 2010 - Restoring default columns of Issues and Risks lists RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have accidentally discovered that removing the default columns from Issues and Risks on project team sites lists brings problems with Project Server's synchronization with project team sites. We do need the synchronization to work for future reporting, and are in the process of adding back the removed columns.

There is a column that is hard to restore - Links (of type Project Link). There's no option in "create new column" for this. Is there some other way to restore this column?

thanks,

Vesna HP

Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Vesna,

You can automate it via stsadm (which I've done for multiple sites), but if it's just the one, then I would drag and drop the documents via Windows Explorer (you can open Explorer views from the SharePoint UI.  For list items, I would export to Excel and then import.  Watch out for attachments on list items.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Vesna,

No.  I think you have two options.

1.  Delete the site and then republish the project, this will create a site using the default template.  You'll need to save all of the documents etc from the original site before you delete it. 

2.  Unlink the site, and create a new one with a different name, and then copy the documents and list items between the sites. 

Unlinking sites can be done via, Server Settings | Project Sites | Edit Site Address | Remove the URL for the SharePoint site.

The site still exists, it is just not tied to any projects.

Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:14 PM
  • Thanks, Ben!

for both options, a new site needs to be created. Is there an easy way to copy the contents from the old to the new site?

thanks,

Vesna 

Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:22 PM
  • Hi Vesna,

You can automate it via stsadm (which I've done for multiple sites), but if it's just the one, then I would drag and drop the documents via Windows Explorer (you can open Explorer views from the SharePoint UI.  For list items, I would export to Excel and then import.  Watch out for attachments on list items.

Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:32 PM