none
Windows Native backup is backing up deleted data

Question

• Hi All

I am using native backup on 2008R2 server for backing up my D Drive, I have taken initial backup and then realizes that some data is not required to be backed up and then deleted unwanted folder and again I started the backup but Native backup is still backing up same amount of data,

I have deleted data from recycle bin but still its same amount of data.

I have deleted initial backup and initiated backup again but still no success.

Is there some place where data is still left?

PS: I am backing up the data to NAS share

Any clue why its happening.

Thanks

Friday, May 04, 2018 10:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Maybe some service application still use these files/folder. Please reboot your server to do a check for fresh.

Please perform SFC and DISM scan and check if the issue is resolved. You might be facing this issue due to the corrupted files present in your system.

Please uninstall the windows server backup feature and reinstall try to backup.

When you do the backup, please choose the customer backup. Do you see the deleted folder/files still in the list?

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 07, 2018 2:20 AM
  • Hi,
    Could the above reply be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back
    Best Regards,
    Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:57 AM