Package Conversion Manager - Fix and Convert crash console RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a SCCM 2012 RTM wit CU2 installed. I have migrated packages from SCCM 2007 an tries to use the PCM 2.0 to convert the packages to applications.

The PCM was updated from the earlier version.

Packages with readiness state "Automatic" converts without any problems.

But when I try to do a "Fix and Convert" on a package that have "Manual" as readiness state the SCCM console will stop working when the wizard come to the "Deployment Type" tab.

If I look in the application event log I see those two errors:

Application: Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
    Stack:
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(System.IRuntimeMethodInfo, System.Object, System.Object[], System.SignatureStruct ByRef, System.Reflection.MethodAttributes, System.RuntimeType)
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(System.IRuntimeMethodInfo, System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, System.Reflection.MethodAttributes, System.RuntimeType)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(System.Object, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Boolean)
       at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[])
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(System.Object)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode, CleanupCode, System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
       at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
       at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.ConsoleApplication.LaunchWindow()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.ConsoleApplication.Run()
       at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.AdminConsole.Program.Main()

and

Faulting application name: Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe, version: 5.0.7711.0, time stamp: 0x4f42f40f
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18015, time stamp: 0x50b83c8a
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
    Faulting process id: 0x1500
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdff80197b59c6
    Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 70347da6-6b73-11e2-8d92-005056892551

Does it look like a bug in the package conversion manager?

The package conversion worked fine before the PCM was updated to version 2.0

Thomas Forsmark Soerensen

• Edited by Forsmark Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:19 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:14 AM

Answers

• PCM 2 is for SP1, don't know if it will work on the RTM version.

try version 1.0 instead, it should do the magic!

Hi, Thanks for your answer.

According to this blog PCM 2 should be supported on both RTM and SP1.

I did also find this on the same blog. It describes a problem with installing PCM 2.0 if the ConfigMgr console is not installed at the default location.

My COnfigMgr console was installed in a non default location so I thought that it might not had upgraded PCM 1.0 correctly to PCM 2.0

I removed PCM 2.0 and copied Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe to its default location "%programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin" and reinstalled PCM 2.0.

Now it seems to be working as it should.

• Marked as answer by Forsmark Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:55 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:55 AM

All replies

Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:19 AM

Hi, Thanks for your answer.

According to this blog PCM 2 should be supported on both RTM and SP1.

I did also find this on the same blog. It describes a problem with installing PCM 2.0 if the ConfigMgr console is not installed at the default location.

My COnfigMgr console was installed in a non default location so I thought that it might not had upgraded PCM 1.0 correctly to PCM 2.0

I removed PCM 2.0 and copied Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe to its default location "%programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin" and reinstalled PCM 2.0.

Now it seems to be working as it should.

• Marked as answer by Forsmark Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:55 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:55 AM