Query for a third party special column in content db RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,<o:p></o:p>

I bought a third party cascading filter solution to my WSS3 environment and implement it in many sites/lists.

Now I migrate to the new SharePoint 2010 Server and I want to query the content DB's in order to find and delete those entire. Do you know
    which table holds the columns that are in each list?<o:p></o:p>

Thank a lot in advance<o:p></o:p>

Monday, May 28, 2012 7:40 AM

Answers

• Thanks Dirk,

I don't need to modify nothing just to query (SELECT) for a specific column type that's a third party one. Do you have any example code for that?

• Marked as answer by arevach Sunday, June 3, 2012 3:30 PM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 2:41 PM

All replies

• First of all, a warning: You are not allowed to query or modify the content databases of SharePoint directly or you forfait your chances to Microsoft support.

Now that being said, what you are looking for is tp_Fields column in the dbo.AllLists table of the content database. The tp_Fields holds all the information about each list column in XML format.

I do not recommend making modifications to this table in any way.

If you need to change the fields of some lists, consider using the Powershell approach to interrqct with the SharePoint object model, which is a supported method.

Dirk Van den Berghe

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:51 AM
  • Thanks Dirk,

I don't need to modify nothing just to query (SELECT) for a specific column type that's a third party one. Do you have any example code for that?

• Marked as answer by arevach Sunday, June 3, 2012 3:30 PM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 2:41 PM