none
MOF is popular? in Europe not RRS feed

• General discussion

•  
    Welcome,
    Currently working on MOFv4. I'm from Europe and I have to admit, this methodology is little popular in Europe. ITIL took away 70% of the market. Can you give details about the use of MOF in the U.S.A? How many companies use it? 
    Whether it works?
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 12:36 PM

All replies

• Hi AgaM,

In USA I don’t know, but on Brazil the MOF (3.0 or 4.0) don’t is used a lot, btw here some Microsoft Partners use MOF and I think this is equal Europe. So, my intention is to change this scenario making MOF more used by IT Professionals.

A tip for you download:

·         Trustworthy Computing: MOF Case Studies
    This collection of case studies shows how customers have used Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) to improve reliability in IT operations.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=22&p=15&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId=&SrcFamilyId=&u=%2fdownloads%2fdetails.aspx%3fFamilyID%3d314fcc5c-cdf5-475b-a630-136a9e4bba30%26DisplayLang%3den

Hope that helps

Cleber Marques

MOF Brazil Project (Microsoft MVP - Most Valuable Professional)

www.mof.com.br | www.clebermarques.com | www.clebermarques.com.br

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 5:10 PM
  • Europe....

Is a very wide area so I have to disagree with this comment. It depends on where you are, what organization you work aand the goal of the organization.

We might better discuss how we can solve this. Where are you working and what kind of accounts are you working on?

Best,

Rob.
    Monday, August 18, 2008 8:34 AM
  • I believe it is gaining popularity here in the States.

People I work with and have worked with are asking me questions about it so I think there is some groundswell of interest. Albeit, much ignorance exists as to what it really is but those who I have pointed to MOF resources have expressed enthusiasm about it.

Where I work I sparked an interest in applying management methodology to IT. The IT Director has taken a serious interest in it. We'll see what happens.
    Friday, November 7, 2008 6:25 PM