none
SCOM 2012 R2 Sp1 Support of Rhel 7.3 and Linux on PowerPC RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of installing SCOM 2012 Client on AIX and Linux Systems. All of my AIX systems running rhel  7.1 are showing as monitored.  The Rhel 7.2 and 7.3 are not showing as monitored.  All of these systems I was able to get the SCOM client successfully installed (I had to initially do a manual install, self sign the cert, import it and then run the wizard to do the install again.  All of this, under sudo account that already had elevated rights.  The things it takes to get it installed. ha ha).

The Rhel 7.2 & 7.3 is a grey X, with Access denied error.  I have check the credentials, and made sure the resource pool, run as account, etc. were setup correctly.  The required ports are open.  My only guess is SCOM doesn't support 7.2 or 7.3?  I am currently running AIX 7 7.5.1060.0 and RHEL 7.5.1066.0.  Also, anyone know if Linux on Powerpc out of beta yet?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mark

Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:50 PM

All replies

• Mark,

I'm a bit confused here, you say all your AIX systems are running RHEL 7.1 that are monitored. What version of RHEL is this, PPC or X86? If PPC, there are no PPC kits yet so how did you get our X86 agent to run on PPC?

If we support the major version, 7 in your case, then we support all minor version as well so 7.2 and 7.3 are supported.

As for PPC, it will be included in the next UR for SCOM, UR12 for SCOM 2012 R2 and UR2 for SCOM 2016. Both should be out very soon but I don't have an official release date.

Note that we will only support Little Endian for RHEL 7 on PPC.

Regards,

-Steve

Thursday, January 19, 2017 3:26 PM
  • Most of our Rhel is on X86. We do have some on PPC. We also have a Beta package for RHEL on PPC, but haven't tried it on test machines yet.

Thanks,

Mark

Thursday, January 19, 2017 3:38 PM
  • For the RHEL 7.2 and 7.3 systems, under the Monitoring tab in the SCOM console, click on the 'Task Status"  option and see if there are any details in there that may provide some help. Also look in the Event Viewer under Operations Manager and see if you see any events for these systems.

Regards,

-Steve

Thursday, January 19, 2017 3:55 PM

• Note that we will only support Little Endian for RHEL 7 on PPC.

Are there plans for RHEL 7 PPC Big Endian support ?

Customer want to monitor those boxes in SCOM 2012 R2 with UR12.  Where can I find information about supported Unix OS (including archtecture and endianess) platforms for SCOM 2012 R2 / 2016 / 2019 ? 

There's no such information here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scom/plan-supported-crossplat-os?view=sc-om-2019

or here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29696

Best Regards,

Adam

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:54 PM