How to prevent Authentication box pop-up when launch FCS console? RRS feed

• Question

• I configured our Desktop admin account can RDP to FCS management server and launch FCS Console, MOM admin console, and MOM Operation console. When he launch FCS Console, he always get a authentication box. he have to enter his name and password again. But this does not happen when he launch MOM console and MOM admin console. His account is not local administrator's group. All FCS servers are Windows 2008 32bit w. SP2.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:16 PM

Answers

• I'm guessing this is a function of UAC being enabled on the system.  I have not seen this before for the FCS console itself.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    • Proposed as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:55 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 6:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Before going any further, I’d like to confirm the following question.

1.       what do you mean about “Desktop admin account”?

2.       which system you want to RDP from?

3.       What do you mean “his account is not local administrator’s group”?

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:39 AM
  • Nick,

To answer your question:
    1) After installed our four servers FCS system in our production, Two managers in our Desktop team need access to FCS console, MOM Admin console and MOM Operation console. I granded access rights to those two users.

2) Both users RDP to the FCS management server from their Windows XP with SP3. When they launch FCS console from start > Programs > Microsoft ForeFront > Client Security, they got a windows Authentication pop-up.

3) Both user accounts are not a member of local administrators group on FCS manager server. When authentication box pop-up, they have to re-enter their domain account and password inorder to continue. When they launch MOM admin console and MOM operation console, console come up right away without authentication pop-up.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:24 PM
  • I'm guessing this is a function of UAC being enabled on the system.  I have not seen this before for the FCS console itself.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    • Proposed as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:55 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 6:27 PM