mouse pointer becomes spinning circle RRS feed

• Question

• ever since the creative update for windows 10 I noticed something odd. when the system is idle the mouse pointer becomes a blue spinning circle. Although it's not hurting anything and returns to a pointer when I move it, I was just wondering why. I've noticed this on two other systems.
    Saturday, August 5, 2017 7:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In general, mouse pointer shows the spinning circle state means some programs are loading or system is busy, but you said that system is idle, it’s very strange.

Please check if you have customized pointer scheme or used some programs that can change pointer’s style.

If not, I think there is something running in background, when your mouse pointer becomes spinning circle, open task manager to see which process is  consuming more resources, kill it to see the result.

In addition, close your security software and remove all scan schedule.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 7, 2017 1:56 AM
  • Unfortunately, as soon as I move the mouse it returns to the pointer. I tried leaving task manager open with the cpu column set to show activity at the top but haven't noticed anything extensive when it occurs. Just a very odd thing!
    Monday, August 7, 2017 9:48 PM
  • Try Process Explorer run that full screen enable the View > Select Columns on the Process Performance tab CPU History. Leave system idle wait for spinning mouse and what the process CPU graphs see if one stands out as the cause of the busy mouse.
    Monday, August 7, 2017 9:57 PM