DataSheetView can not be possible on IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed IE11 on my desktop. We have internet site which is on MOSS 2007. After installing IE11, I can not see the data sheet view of lists. My desktop has Office 2007.

We have a Intranet site on SP2010. I can see data sheet view on IE11 for Intranet site.

Do I need to install any specific component?

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:48 PM

Answers

• Thanks Daniel Yang for your answer. 

I got datasheet view in IE 11 only if I add the site to "Compatability View Settings (Tools -> Compatabilty View Settings".

Otherwise IE11 is not showing datasheet view. 

Monday, November 18, 2013 2:56 PM

All replies

• Make sure you are using the 32-bit version of IE. I believe that will solve your issue.
    Friday, November 15, 2013 8:34 PM
  • Thanks Andrew for your reply. But I can not install 32 bit IE 11 on a windows 7 SP1 64 bit. Could you point me in the direction if you are aware of how to install 32bit version of IE11?
    Friday, November 15, 2013 8:43 PM
  • Hi Venkata,

I install IE 11 on 64-bit Windows server 2008 R2 with SP1, and install "Microsoft Office 2007 Access database engine ", then I can access SharePoint 2007 list datasheet mode, you can try repairing your Office 2007 or installing this Access database engine component, and check again.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2266203

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23734

Thanks,
    Daniel Yang
    Forum Support
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com. 

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Sukri Friday, March 10, 2017 8:14 AM
    Monday, November 18, 2013 7:51 AM
  • Thanks Daniel Yang for your answer. 

I got datasheet view in IE 11 only if I add the site to "Compatability View Settings (Tools -> Compatabilty View Settings".

Otherwise IE11 is not showing datasheet view. 

Monday, November 18, 2013 2:56 PM
  • Hi Venkata,

My IE 11 compatibility option " Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" is also checked automatically, so my SharePoint 2007 list could use the datasheet mode, and I test IE without compatibility for my SharePoint list, it doesn't show the "Edit in Datasheet" menu.

I think we need to use IE 11 compatibility mode for a better SharePoint 2007 function working currently, if needed you can also use GPO to set the IE compatibility for your domain.

Thanks

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:50 AM
  • This may apply to your issue as well - but I had similar issues with IE11 and support of workflows and forms in SP2010. I added the following javascript code to my master page just above the closing <body> tag resolved the issue for me.

<script language="javascript">
    /* IE11 Fix for SP2010 */
    if (typeof UserAgentInfo.strBrowser !== 'undefined' && !window.addEventListener) {
    UserAgentInfo.strBrowser=1; } </script>

http://markadrake.com/examples/sharepoint/ie11-fix/

The problem is Microsoft used methods to detect the browser and assign version numbers to it, using browser detection to determine what code to run. IE11 is seen as a newer browser (UserAgentInfo.strBrowser = 3;) and Core.js uses this value to call addEventListener.

Important to mention - if IE11 is in 9-Edge mode then the error would not occur. But your master page probably has X-UA-Compatible (and should) set to IE8. So this error only happens when IE11 is in IE8 mode. Hope it helps.

Friday, December 13, 2013 5:31 PM
  • Thanks a lot Daniel Yang :) :)

I was using IE11 on windows-7 32 bit machine, and couldn't actually edit thru "Edit in Datasheet" option for as site using SharePoint 2007. After installing the 

2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components

from the link given.

Actually other answers like updating the javascript is beyond my understanding, and anyway site admin will not adjust the page for client specific browsers as site admin are also non technical guys. I was pretty sure that the problem is only with IE11 upgrade as I am able to do the same via this computer when IE9 was there and from other computers where IE9 is installed.

It worked absolutely fine. Thanks Daniel.

I created an user of msdn only to say thanks to Daniel, as I am not a coder and definitely not of Microsoft technologies.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 4:26 PM
  • 100% WORKED!
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 3:52 PM