how to use old Mangement pack in New SCOM 2007R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Currently we installed new SCOM 2007R2 tool in our environment. Previously we used SCOM 2007 tool. For monitoring Exchange 2010 server we already fine tuned the MP in Old SCOM 2007 tool. So right we like to use the same Management pack in new SCOM 2007R2 tool. What shall i do now to get the same monitoring.

Just Exporting from old SCOM and importing to new SCOM will work.... i am not sure. or what step i need to do for my request.

Note: When i install new SCOM 2007R2 tool i installed new Exchange 2010 MP in the server. This MP triggering lot of alerts where we already disabled in Old SCOM.

Kindly advice me with step by instruction to proceed further.

Regards,

Sandy

Thursday, March 1, 2012 12:03 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

I think you need to reinstall the Exchange management pack in the new SCOM 2007 R2 referring to the management pack guide. Then, import the override management pack back if the Exchange management pack is the same version.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:08 AM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 2:48 AM
  • Hello Sandy,

You can export your old Overrides Management Pack from the "Old SCOM" and import it into the "New SCOM Implementation" considering the following:

- Your were not targeting "a Specific Object of a Class" which will be missed after importing..
    - If you were targeting a Custom Group for your Overrides, then dont forget to get its Custom Management Pack..

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Mazen

• Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, March 5, 2012 11:38 AM
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:02 PM

All replies

• Hello Sandy,

You can export your old Overrides Management Pack from the "Old SCOM" and import it into the "New SCOM Implementation" considering the following:

- Your were not targeting "a Specific Object of a Class" which will be missed after importing..
    - If you were targeting a Custom Group for your Overrides, then dont forget to get its Custom Management Pack..

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Mazen

• Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, March 5, 2012 11:38 AM
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:02 PM
  • Hi Mazen,

Actually Microsoft Corelation service will be running in old scom.... When i export & import MP in new ennvironment. what abt the coorelation service.. in that case what shall i do.

Monday, March 5, 2012 11:07 AM
  •  

Hi,

I think you need to reinstall the Exchange management pack in the new SCOM 2007 R2 referring to the management pack guide. Then, import the override management pack back if the Exchange management pack is the same version.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 2:48 AM
  • Just as Nicholas mentioned, you need to reinstall the Exchnage 2010 MP and the Correlation Engine on the new SCOM.

Regards,

Mazen

Sunday, March 11, 2012 3:31 PM