none
How do I keep all the tasks, but just change the date for an annual project without doing each task individually? RRS feed

• Question

• I am a novice user and cannot figure out how to change all the task dates for the next year.  I manage an annual maintenance project and most of the tasks are the same from year to year.  There has to be a way that all tasks will update using the same days but next years dates.  Any help will be appreciated.

Gretchen0315

Monday, April 22, 2013 11:49 PM

All replies

• Gretchen --

Assuming that none of the tasks have progress entered against them in Microsoft Project 2010, click the Project tab and then click the Move Project button.  In the Move Project dialog, enter the new Start date of the project in the New Project Start Date field and click the OK button.  Using this process will automatically move constaints and deadline dates in the project as well.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:56 AM
  • Gretchen,

In addition to Dale's sage advice, consider saving the project file as a template. (File > Save As, and select Project Template from the Save As Type list.)  Saving the file as a template will prompt you to remove any tracked data (progress) as well as other things you may not need to save such as resource rates.

Once you have saved the file as a template, you may choose File > New and select the template from the list under "My Templates".  Set the new start date through Project Information and you are off and running.

Julie

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:25 PM