Windows Vista Ultimate Alternative Media RRS feed

• Question

• Is the alternative media option for Windows Vista Ultimate no longer available?

I am an IT student and received a Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit DVD with its associated license from my college a little over a year ago.  When I received the disc, they said that I could get the alternative media for the 64-bit version by going on the Microsoft website and ordering the alternative media.  Up until last week, the PC that I have Windows Vista installed on only had 3GB of memory, so there really was no point in getting the 64-bit version.  I recently upgraded the memory to 8GB to improve my performance in VMWare.

I searched the Microsoft website for a while, but could not find what I was looking for.  I searched for "Windows Vista Alternative Media" using Google and I saw a number of results, all of which end up redirecting me to the Windows Vista home page, but once there I cannot seem to find anything about alternative media.

I cannot upgrade that PC to Windows 7 because the Windows 7 disc that I purchased is only for installation on one PC, which in this case is the BootCamp partition on my MacBook Pro...

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

-Robert

Friday, May 20, 2011 2:13 PM

Answers