Word 2013 VBA Immediate window drags slowly (lags) when "dockable" RRS feed

• Question

• I have Office 2013 running on Windows 7 Enterprise, Core i7 and 16GB RAM.

In VBA, I select View -> Immediate Window

If I right click inside of the Immediate Window, in that context menu there is an option "dockable".

When I drag the Immediate Window, and the "dockable" option is checked (selected) the window moves very slowly. 

If the "dockable" option is not checked then the window moves normally (it's snappy, and there is no lag).

I checked this problem on another machine (slightly older), in Office 2013 on Windows 7 Enterprise and the same problem.

I checked the problem in Office 2010 on Windows Server (Xeon) and the problem does not exist.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

thanks, roger This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 3:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I can reproduce this issue in my Office 2016 (Win 10). I cannot confirm if this is the expected behavior or a known issue in Office as I haven't found any documentation stating this after a long time search. I'll submit a feedback regarding this issue via internal way to see if there is any feedback.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:03 AM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi arm_processor,

From your description we can understand that the issue is related with the Application and there is no issue with the code.

This Forum only handles the issues regarding word object model.

so for better response and better solution to your issue I move this thread to Word it pro discussions forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 8, 2016 3:10 AM
  • Hi,

I can reproduce this issue in my Office 2016 (Win 10). I cannot confirm if this is the expected behavior or a known issue in Office as I haven't found any documentation stating this after a long time search. I'll submit a feedback regarding this issue via internal way to see if there is any feedback.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:03 AM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 8:37 AM