none
Unable to load a query of type Text [Power BI designer] RRS feed

• Question

• I have spent all day building a PQ query in Power BI Designer that successfully returns data. it takes a while to do it, but it does return data.

When I switch to the report tab to try and build some reports I see this:

Then after waiting for a few minutes I see this:

Can anyone suggest either (a) what the problem might be or (b) where I can go to get more information so i can investigate the error.

thanks
    Jamie

P.S. Yes this error occurred in Power BI Designer and yes this forum is a Power Query forum, but there is no Power BI Designer forum so I didn't know where best to put this question, hence I put it here.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:24 PM

Answers

• Currently there isn't a way to load scalar values (text, number etc.) in the Power BI Designer. We will be addressing this in a future release, but for now you can disable loading of the scalar query (Properties -> Enable load to report).

If you actually would like to use the scalar value within the report, you'll have to wrap it in a table as a workaround for now.

Please let us know if that doesn't unblock you.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:54 PM

All replies

• Currently there isn't a way to load scalar values (text, number etc.) in the Power BI Designer. We will be addressing this in a future release, but for now you can disable loading of the scalar query (Properties -> Enable load to report).

If you actually would like to use the scalar value within the report, you'll have to wrap it in a table as a workaround for now.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:54 PM

Aha, excellent, thanks SidJay. just trying it now, but I'm assuming this is going to work (as I say, the query takes a long time, I'm waiting for it as I write).

I actually don't want those scalars available for the report anyway so being able to hide them is very useful indeed.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:25 PM