windows 7 & vista RRS feed

• Question

• i'm testing windows 7  is there a way to install vista  along with windows 7 on the same cpu, some  of my programs  do  not work on 7 yet . otherwise i have to use two computers to do my work.
    i haved  tried using vista disc but i'm a little afraid to keep on the installation because it gives me no choices to install two operating systems on one cpu.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 3:05 AM

Answers

• ok i have two hard drives on my cpu one has w7 & second had vista on it do i need to do something in set up !!
     because it always starts w7 & you can see vista  at my computer page  like it is running as slave drive.
    Then you can Use EasyBCD: http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1 and add your Vista drive to the boot manager with it, use the Help and tutorials on that site if you get stuck on how to add your vista drive. Good Luck. :)

Experience is Use/Knowledge and understanding that Use/Knowledge is the key to Experience. -JJTech
    Windows 7 RC: Remember now this OS is not final and is Subject to all kinds of things that can very on different hardware. -JJTech
    My Hardware:
    OS: Windows 7 RC Built-7100 64Bit, Mobo: Gigabyte Socket:AM2 GA-M61P-S3, CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core +6000 @ 3.10GHZ, Ram: Kingston 2x2GB PC6400 DDR2, GFX: Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 3870, SFX: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS
    • Proposed as answer by JJTech Monday, July 20, 2009 4:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by rshimel Monday, July 20, 2009 5:12 AM
    Monday, July 20, 2009 4:00 AM

All replies

• Hi rshimel , yes there is it's called Dual Boot, to do this you need either 2 Harddrives Or 2 partitions on one drive(1 for vista and 1 for W7) then install Vista first on one drive(or partition) then do a custom install of w7 to the other harddrive(or partition) and it will install a dualboot manager allowing you at startup to chose to run start into Vista or W7.

There is a way to use Vista and older apps on W7, to do this Rightclick on the program/game you wish to use the click on properties then click the Compatibility tab, Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select from the list "Windows Vista(or SP1 Or SP2)" then click Ok and run your program/game. I hope this helps. :)
    Experience is Use/Knowledge and understanding that Use/Knowledge is the key to Experience. -JJTech
    Windows 7 RC: Remember now this OS is not final and is Subject to all kinds of things that can very on different hardware. -JJTech
    My Hardware:
    OS: Windows 7 RC Built-7100 64Bit, Mobo: Gigabyte Socket:AM2 GA-M61P-S3, CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core +6000 @ 3.10GHZ, Ram: Kingston 2x2GB PC6400 DDR2, GFX: Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 3870, SFX: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS
    • Edited by JJTech Monday, July 20, 2009 3:17 AM
    • Proposed as answer by JJTech Monday, July 20, 2009 3:17 AM
    Monday, July 20, 2009 3:16 AM
  • ok i have two hard drives on my cpu one has w7 & second had vista on it do i need to do something in set up !!
     because it always starts w7 & you can see vista  at my computer page  like it is running as slave drive.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 3:55 AM
    Then you can Use EasyBCD: http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1 and add your Vista drive to the boot manager with it, use the Help and tutorials on that site if you get stuck on how to add your vista drive. Good Luck. :)

My Hardware:
    • Proposed as answer by JJTech Monday, July 20, 2009 4:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by rshimel Monday, July 20, 2009 5:12 AM
    Monday, July 20, 2009 4:00 AM