Content and Structure + Show all items without folders RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I recently ran into this problem and was wondering if anyone has a solution to it.  I had created a document library which my users have dumped in a few hundred documents.  The document library has all of the documents put into their corresponding folders.  I created a view based upon some metadata about the documents and selected "Show all items without folders."  This view works great within the SharePoint list, but when I navigate to the "Content and Structure" page the view returns folders and not just the files.  So I am wondering if this is what it is suppose to do or if it is a bug in my setup?  If anyone has any experience with this, please share.

Best Regards,
    sroye_98

Best Regards, sroye_98
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, July 1, 2011 7:53 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:31 PM

Answers

• It reproduce on my side. Not only the default All Documents view, not also my custom views with "Show all items without folders" selected, still display both folders and files. I cannot tell if it’s the by default behavior or a known issue. For a confirmation, please contact Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist you in a more efficient manner. If the premier support admit this is a known issue, then you can request a refund and there is no charge for known issue.

It would be highly appreciated if you could submit a feedback on the following link:
    https://connect.microsoft.com/site428/Feedback

Thanks & Regards.

Lily Wu
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Lily Wu Friday, July 8, 2011 9:17 AM
    Friday, July 1, 2011 7:53 AM