none
Persistent DPM 2010- Error ID 270 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi guys,

I´need your help once again..

We have a customer with one big problem:

*The problem apparently appeared after a power problem.. maybe a unexpected reboot.

Here are the symptoms:

• The first problem is the DPM Console, with this kind of error:

• The services DPM and DPM Access Service, with the following message:
    • We only get success when we change the username Services to all of them DPM Services, to the “domain\administrador”. With the local System Account do not start!
    • After the services OK, we run the “DPMSync – sync” command and it works!!
    • Once all the DPM Services running we are able to open the DPM Console, and everything seems good, until we open the Management Tab, and see these errors on the Agents:

Error:    Data Protection Manager Error ID: 270    The agent operation failed on server1-enterprises.local because DPM could not communicate with the DPM protection agent. The computer may be protected by another DPM server, or the protection agent may have been uninstalled on the protected computer.

• We tried to reinstall the agents, manually and no progress;
    • We applied all the recommendations test: DNS, AD, Firewall, IPv4 mappings, and no success!!!

Please, anyone have a light to solve this problem???

Thanks,

Cezar.

• Edited by Cezar Lins Friday, August 30, 2013 5:36 PM
    Friday, August 30, 2013 5:35 PM

All replies

• Hi

All dpm services are set to local system. Try removing the GPO's applied to the box and then check again. I had a similar problem and once i created a new OU with no GPO's, placed the box in that container and rebooted, voila, all good.

Any AV running on the DPM box?

Hope it helps.

Friday, September 13, 2013 10:03 AM