site content types and site columns were absent RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i have seved a  sub site as a template which includes 20+ doc libs with 20+ site content ctypes which includes  15+ site columns  and then i have used this savedsite template in one site collection and implemented my custom web parts and upload document fun. successfully.

now i have created another new site collection and forgot to create site content types and site columns as  we have seen the  site columns in the saved site template already.

now i realized that those  site content types and site columns were not there but the strange thing is that i am able to uplaod the documents  into those document libraries  which are not associated with site content types, without any error.

Can I create  the same in my new site collection ? since i have already created  many many sub sites based on the  saved site templates tested the functionality ,i dont wanna delete the template recreate all the sites  again in order to save the time.

Now pls advice:

1) if site columns / site contents  were not existing at the site collection level, will this affect my func. in future?

2)   is there any automated way fo creating site columns, site content types, associateing these site content types with doc libs programmatically like power shell/ sp object model API.

3) would like to any programmatic way of creating hundreds of sub sites based on the saved site templates in myw eb application/ site collection.

• Edited by SaMolPP Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:19 PM
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:18 PM

Answers