none
MS Project Professional 2010: Calculate Remaining Duration After entering Actuals ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I hope this is a Project Professional Frrum question (though my environment is really Project Server 2010 with Project Professional 2010)

After updating Actuals in my project in Project Professional 2010 , Remaining Duration of one of the delayed tasks which has not started on the Status Date is 63 days. Project Professional 2010 has calculated the new Start and Finish Days correctly as expected. However  Remaining Duration for Project is 41 days. This seems to be calculated at Project Summary Level from the % complete and Duration of the project . Is this an expected behaviour ? Logically I would expect the remaining duration of a project to be rolled up as maximum value of the remaining duration of the project tasks as the project cannot complete until all its tasks are complete.

If I want  Remaining Duration of my project to reflect the maximum of remaining duration of all project tasks, is there any configuration settings or fields that can get me this result

or

Do I need to define an enterprise custom Task field in Project Server with Roll up set to maximum ?

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks

MathurP
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First, my previous reply provides an answer.

Also, the formula ProjDateDiff([Status Date],[Project Finish])is an answer as well.

Greetings

• Marked as answer by MathurP Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:42 AM
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:19 AM

All replies