Hosting Several AD LDS Account Databases on the Same Server RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to host several independant account databases for various web applications using Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services.  I have several applications that would each require their own signon.  I have installed AD LDS on my server and created several Application Partitons, but I can't have two user accounts with the same userprinciplename (UPN) in two different partitions.  I thought that by creating partitions I could make these two account databases independant.  Apparently the UPN has to be unique throughout all your partitions.  How can I set up independant account databases?

Thanks
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:32 PM

Answers

• My recommendation would be to set up separate AD LDS instances.  These would listen on different LDAP ports on the same physical server.  You can use the Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services Setup Wizard to create new instances.

Tony 
    • Marked as answer by Joson Zhou Friday, May 29, 2009 6:58 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 11:39 PM

All replies

• My recommendation would be to set up separate AD LDS instances.  These would listen on different LDAP ports on the same physical server.  You can use the Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services Setup Wizard to create new instances.

Tony 
    • Marked as answer by Joson Zhou Friday, May 29, 2009 6:58 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 11:39 PM
  • OK, thanks.  That's what I'll do.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 11:49 AM