Remotely clear outlook autocomplete post migration to O365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

Can you advise on how to clear the autocomplete cache after mailboxes moved from On-Prem Exch 2010 to O365.

We need to do this remotely for the Users.

Friday, September 13, 2019 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hi RockSteps,

As far as I know, currently, there is no direct option to remotely clear all users' auto-complete list at once.

From Outlook client side, we may try to start Outlook using Outlook /CleanAutoCompleteCache to clear autocomplete cache for a end user. If you can force all users to start Outlook using this command, this can be used to clear Outlook client side autocomplete cache for all users:

Exit Outlook. Press Win + R to open Run. Type Outlook /cleanautocompletecache and press Enter.

Besides, we can also let users click File > Options > Mail > Empty Auto-Complete List.

If you want to do this via PowerShell, I'd recommend you visit following forum:

Forum for Script requests

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:03 AM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 2:20 AM
  • Thanks. Can the starting of Outlook /CleanAutoCompleteCache be done using GPO.?
    Monday, September 16, 2019 10:24 AM
  • Thanks. Can the starting of Outlook /CleanAutoCompleteCache be done using GPO.?

I'm afraid that we cannot do this via GPO. You may send a simple guide about how to run this command in Run to all users.

If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Saturday, September 21, 2019 2:26 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:01 AM