none
Request: Add an argument to Date.WeekOfYear to be able to choose format (e.g. ISO8601) RRS feed

Answers

• If you're referring to the ability to set the first day of the week for purposes of this calculation, then yes, we've very recently identified this as a gap in our function library and have already scheduled the work to resolve the problem. I spent about half an hour trying to create a workaround in terms of our existing functions, but it made my head hurt so I quit :(.
    • Marked as answer by Daniel Wikar Monday, November 10, 2014 9:34 AM
    Friday, November 7, 2014 9:05 PM

All replies

• If you're referring to the ability to set the first day of the week for purposes of this calculation, then yes, we've very recently identified this as a gap in our function library and have already scheduled the work to resolve the problem. I spent about half an hour trying to create a workaround in terms of our existing functions, but it made my head hurt so I quit :(.
    • Marked as answer by Daniel Wikar Monday, November 10, 2014 9:34 AM
    Friday, November 7, 2014 9:05 PM
  • Thanks for the answer Curt but I'm afraid just setting the first day of the week isn't enough. You'll also have to consider which week is the first/last week of the year (see my link regarding T-SQL). Looking forward to a solution in an upcoming update.
    Sunday, November 9, 2014 7:41 AM
  • Update on this?  Is there an approach, in M, to get the WeekNum (where week begins on sat, or any other day for that matter)

Thursday, November 19, 2015 3:25 AM