none
RemoveMembers.aspx search scope RRS feed

• Question

• Hey people!

Does anybody know if the RemoveMembers.aspx uses a Search Scope to display members? I want to limit the view of members based on a users organization reference, but im starting to think its hard coded somewhere.

Thanks

/Remi

Regards, Remi www.iamblogg.com

Monday, May 12, 2014 6:24 AM

All replies

• IMHO, I think the only way to limit the "view" of group members is that the user does not have "read" on the member object.

Monday, May 12, 2014 9:32 AM
  • yes. I think you are right Kent. And since its not possible to make an MPR that restricts this in my case, I have to add the "privileged users" as an hidden multi-value ref attribute on each user, to take advantage of the Related MPR`s :/

I tried creating an MPR that was related to the users organization reference. Like: "Let me read all users with same org reference as me" - But I could not get it working.

Monday, May 12, 2014 9:37 AM
  • You're correct in that an MPR like "Read user in same org reference" cannot be made. You might be able to automate the creation however of something like "Users in Org1 can read Users in Org1".

For each Org have WF to create Set: Org xxx Users" and an MPR: Users in Org xxx can read Users in Org xxx". So that whenever a "new" org is created the corresponding Set and MPR is created.

Shouldn't be to hard to make that work using a PS WF.

Monday, May 12, 2014 11:14 AM
  • Yes, that`s a good idea!

What I`m doing now is to create a WF that add`s the users that is approved to read other users into a hidden multi-value on all the corresponding users. And then im able to use "Related to My_hidden_multi-value" MPR - Works great though..

Monday, May 12, 2014 11:18 AM